Rishikesh and the nearby town of Haridwar are well-connected through road and rail with many North Indian cities including Delhi, Jaipur, Varanasi, Amritsar, etc. Rishikesh provides the gateway for people coming to visit several holy shrines, flower-strewn meadows, countless mountain treks, rivers, valleys and mist-covered trails of the Himalayan region. It’s an excellent tourist hotspot. Top Tourist Places to Visit in Rishikesh River Rafting Tour
Rishikesh is now getting world-famous as a Yoga Capital of the world. Every year during the March month one-week long International yoga festival is hosted by Rishikesh. Rishikesh is also coming to known as the gateway to the Char Dham.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Rishikesh River Rafting Tour
Char Dham is four popular holy temples on the hills (Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri) which get open in summers for a few months. Thousands of people attracted every year to Rishikesh for spiritual relief, peace, learn yoga, adventure and to take a dip for salvation. Top Tourist Places to Visit in Rishikesh River Rafting Tour Top Tourist Places to Visit in Rishikesh River Rafting Tour
Places to visit in Rishikesh:-
- Laxman jhula: – Laxman Jhoola, – is a 450 feet long an iron suspension bridge located in Rishikesh in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. Lakshman Jhula is one of the most important landmarks at Rishikesh. It is made on the river Ganges to cross the river and is a landmark of Rishikesh. Top Tourist Places to Visit in Rishikesh River Rafting Tour
- Neelkanth Mahadev temple: – Neelkanth Mahadev Temple is a popular temple of Lord Shiva, which is situated at the height of 1330 m. The temple lies amidst the valleys of Manikoot, Brahmakoot, and Vishnukoot. Located at the confluence of the rivers Pankaja and Madhumati, this temple is bound by dense forests and mountain ranges of Nar-Narayan.
- A Beatles ashram:- Beatles Ashram, also known as Chaurasi Kutia, is an ashram close to the north Indian city of Rishikesh in the state of Uttarakhand. It is located on the eastern bank of the Ganges river, opposite the Muni Ki Reti area of Rishikesh, in the foothills of the Himalayas. Top Tourist Places to Visit in Rishikesh River Rafting Tour
- Swarg Ashram:– The ashram was built in the memory of Swami Vishudhanand, the saint better known as Kali Kamli Wala. It is very popular among foreign tourists mainly because of the ethnic touch. It is located at Gangapar, Ram Jhula. There are lots of ashrams, and temples inside the Swarg Ashram.
- Rajaji national park:– Rajaji National Park is distinct for its pristine scenic beauty and rich bio-diversity. Rajgopalachari; popularly known as “Rajaji”.
- Shivpuri:– An ancient town and a sacred place in Madhya Pradesh, Shivpuri was earlier known as Sipri. A long holiday trip to Shivpuri will undoubtedly be very tremendous not only because of its lovely landscape but also because of its various tourist attractions in the city. Its name derives from Lord Shiva. You can do trekking, camping, kayaking, rappelling white water rafting. Top Tourist Places to Visit in Rishikesh River Rafting Tour
Things to do in Rishikesh:-
- Rishikesh River Rafting Tour :- Anytime is the best time for river rafting in Rishikesh, except monsoon. October to June is the ideal time to try river rafting in Rishikesh.
- Bungee Jumping:- Bungee Jumping is yet another fun thing to do in Rishikesh with friends. Feel your heart pound as you kiss gravity losing yourself in the air from a height of more than 80 meters above the ground.
- Camping And Bonfire:- When the rapid pace of city life takes away the peace away there are serene hideouts to get yourself together, camping in Rishikesh is one of those. As the Ganges flow right beside you, and stars start to twinkle above you, you can grab your guitar and hum a tune you love. The flicker of bonfire will further keep you company. Top Tourist Places to Visit in Rishikesh River Rafting Tour
- Mountain Biking:- For those who love to take the road less traveled on their bicycle, Mountain biking in Rishikesh is something that will leave them in awe.
- Flying Fox:- With a harness tied to you, you roll down with the wire up to 7 meters from the ground at the speed of about 160 km/hr, and then go back up.
- Cliff Jumping: – Like many other adventure sports in Rishikesh, this too can be done by beginners as well as experts as they like.
- Body Surfing: – Letting yourself loose while in the water is always a relaxing experience. Body surfing in Rishikesh is easy and fun!
- Trekking: – Trekking through the jungles and nature trails of Rishikesh is undoubtedly one of the best things to do in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, for nature lovers and hiking enthusiasts, as compared to other places in Northern India.
- Rappelling And Rock Climbing:- Both of these activities can be considered amongst the most amazing.
- Parasailing And Paragliding:- Kiss the sky and behold the Land of God from a completely different angle as you try Parasailing and paragliding in Rishikesh.
- Ganga aarti:– Rishikesh has two sides, one is rip-roaring and the other is tranquil. To get in touch with the other side of this city, attend the Ganga Aarti in Rishikesh and witness the vibrant Hindu culture and customs.
Climate: – Climate of Rishikesh Rishikesh’s climate is never too extreme to visit the place. The town is cooler than most of the Indian cities. Throughout the year, the temperature remains between 0°C to 40°C. During the monsoon season (late July to mid-September) there is heavy rainfall in the region. Top Tourist Places to Visit in Rishikesh River Rafting Tour
The best time to visit Rishikesh is during the spring season (mid-February to late mid-May) and fall season (mid-September to November). If you are planning to visit Rishikesh after November, make sure you carry heavy winter clothing with you, since it gets quite cold here during winters.
How to Reach Rishikesh:-
The nearest airport Jolly Grant is in Dehradun, away from Rishikesh. One can opt for a flight to Dehradun via Delhi or Lucknow and reach Rishikesh via the regular buses and taxis available from the airport.
Rishikesh has regular bus services from Delhi, Haridwar, and Dehradun. One can opt for buses or hire cabs from these places to reach Rishikesh.
The nearest railway station, Haridwar is 25 km from Rishikesh.
Top Tourist Places to Visit in Rishikesh River Rafting Tour